Sunday, 18 January 2009

52 Questions and answers

This is a journaling challenge over here on this blog, that was spotted by Jackie over on do-crafts and Sue bubbles suggested we all have a go! I decided to keep my tags small like the original as I would have more chance of completing them!! I made some luggage labels from a sheet of kraft cardstock so that I would have an endless supply of the same type. As I had brought Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas to everyone's attention on here, but never got round to completing any of them, I wondered if I could combine the two challenges, by using his techniques but not using a Christmas theme, so here goes!!!
Tag one is here question 1: what do i wish for this year to bring? Using Tim's techniques for label 1
Can you see where I am coming from? I used crackle paint on the background and the chipboard letter, distress ink rubbed over the top, some pages torn from an old book and a snowflake stamp for January. Then added a selection of my own embellishments. The journaling is on the other side.
question 2: am i afraid of change?Used Tim's label 2 techniques.
This time I took his snowy sparkly theme and tried to interpret it in a different way but retain the sparkle! I stamped with Versamark and embossed in seafoam white then inked and spritzed the background Stamped butterflies in brilliance ink and added stickles and glitter! The row of gemstones and Heidi Swapp ghost elements are similar to his. The Prima flower is held on with a K&Co brad with butterflies on. I realised afterwards the butterfly was a great theme to choose for this question about change!!! I would like to say it was deliberate, but just a happy accident!!! Lol! The journaling on the back of this one is on an antique pharmacy label.I wonder if I can keep it up!! TFLx

Thanks for the inspiration ladies and gents!!!

3 comments:

dagbird2001 said...

they are lovely cc well done xxx

Hi I'm Maria... said...

WOW CC, both the tags are lovely, what a great start, well done

maria x

Anonymous said...

beautiful tags, really pretty.Good idea to combine with the Tim Holtz challenge too. 2 for the price of 1 there!
Jackie:-)