Wednesday, 28 January 2009

If I could turn back time....

Last week, when Barney was poorly, it made me realise that maybe we are now on borrowed time! His Addison's disease will shorten his life and although a mongrel, I suppose we will do well to have him a couple years longer! I searched out a puppy photo of him to put alongside the one I took last week and noticed the change in him. There are 12 little circular photos that I punched out of the set of index prints from my Barney photo's. They were supposed to echo the theme of time, along with a clock cur from a Prima paintable that is just peeping from under the background.
This challenge was to use Red and black to scrap an animal and include stitching. I used my January Studio calico kit, which I was unsure about to start with when it first arrived, but as soon as I started to use it I have been on a roll!! I added a few of my own things including some Cosmo blackboard flowers, some crochet lace from MM and some elegant long pins I bought at Christmas from the garden centre and never used! The circular mat is cut using my corner rounding punch minus its outer frame.
I wonder if my layouts are becoming a bit too busy? They are definitely more intricate and involved at the moment! I am going mad with hand cutting too! I always used to start with patterned paper as a background, but now I find myself starting with plain backgrounds!! Kraft is my favourite! It's amazing how tackling a challenge makes you be more focused and takes you to places you might not necessarily gone yourself!! I love it!! TFLx

3 comments:

CoventryAnn said...

I love this LO, def not too busy, and i LOVE that title (might pinch it for a LO!!)

sue-bubbles said...

A wonderful layout CC, how lovely to see Barney through the ages! I for one love busy pages CC, so you are certainly keeping me very happy!
A pat for Barney!
Sue x

Hi I'm Maria... said...

lovely layout CC, and (((hugs))) to Barney...


maria x