Monday, 26 January 2009

A scraplift

If your mojo is lacking why not try a scraplift? This was a layout for a weekly challenge, which started as a scraplift but then altered into my own thing! The challenge was to scrap a winter picture using summer colours, so i chose yellows. The scraplift part was that I had seen someone in a magazine cut up one of these Sassafras background papers, cutting out the trees and letting a different background show through! This is what i took and used it together with my own papers and ideas for journal ling and embellishment. the layout had to include stitching, so I stitched two Sassafrass edges from the bottom of two sheets to a strip of my October Afternoon paper, to create my own braid. Another of my handmade flower embellishments on this LO to complete another part of the challenge. Unfortunately the flash has bounced off the rainbow picture I took a couple of weeks ago, but it is there!! The final part of the challenge was to include a star and stripe to reflect the new presidents inauguration! The star is behind the hand cut bird! I am now into hand cutting and did some more last night!! I need to do some today as the cybercrop challenge is to hand cut using decorative scissors, so if I have time I'll try it! See where a scaplift can lead you!!! Get a magazine out and try it today! TFLx

No comments: