Wednesday, 7 January 2009

Vintage style

Here is a layout I found from my summer holiday at my sisters in France that I had not published on here (I don't think!). I was trawling my photo archives for a snap to use in the next challenge for Scrapbook Apprentice, when I came across this.
I tried to put together a layout that reflected my time in France, searching the antiques markest for vintage finds to add to my layouts and this I felt reflected that time. I used Anna Griffin french lace papers and added some of my vintage finds, like the lace, which I even made a hand sewn rosette out of. Vintage magazines, music and buttons complete the look, along with some modern door furniture in a vintage style. Hidden journaling is on a luggage label behind a photo. The Prima paintables cardstock coloured with chalks adds a vinatge french feel too. Proper pins and adhesive pearls give a sewing feel to the layout.
I am busy planning a crafting day tomorrow, but unfortunately will not be able to share much if I succeed, due to the limits of the competition, but stand by for updates! TFLx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love all the ephemera (sp?)
you have used on this page.Gorgeous.
Jackie worcs :-)

sue-bubbles said...

A beautiful layout CC, I adore this style! Enjoy your crafting day tomorrow!
Sue x