Monday, 2 February 2009

And how is it with you?

For some silly reason photobucket wont share my slideshow in this post so if you scroll down you will see it at the bottom of the page!! Must be having an off day or maybe I have forgotten how to do it!!! Just took 30 pictures on my dog walk, of the snow and it's still falling! Should be doing my school work of course, but hey!

The results of last month's poll on the Scrapbook Apprentice are up! Sorry to see Lori go, she had some very original ideas. This was the toughest assignment yet! I was sent blue, beige and green cardstock and dark brown paint and not allowed to add any patterned paper!! As you can see we all tackled it in different ways!! I scrumpled, dry brushed, tore and sanded, used masks and flicked my paint to add texture, I scratched into it and distressed it to within an inch of it's life! This is the result. I really thought they would have picked my other layout!! But hey, what do I know!! This one has many more techniques on it so that's probably why!
The card they chose is also distressed to within an inch of its life too!

It would have been nothing without the ribbon from a previous kit either! I am quite liking this black magic Coredinations cardstock!! I am also so in love with my Heidi Swapp edge distresser!! If you have not got any basic Grey files, they are fab too! Currently on offer on the do crafts web site half price, but only worth the postage if some other half price goodies fall in your basket!! But hurry!! I bought the rub on roller and it is great, makes it so much easier!!!

So have a mosey on over and take a look at our efforts!! Voting starts again today!! Good luck ladies!! I am so pleased that one is over!!

P.S. I hope I make it through, the next one's I have just finished are really zingy!! With fab papers!! Will post sneaks soon!

No comments: