Monday, 23 February 2009

The big finish!

Warning! This is a picture heavy post!!!! Lol!!!
This was the last class I took during the Cybercrop and if it does not convince you to buy a BIA machine, then nothing will!!! It was a class designed by my team mate Voodoo Vixen on UKs, a member of the Zutter Sisters design team!!! I felt I had to do this class justice!!!
The mini book has various pages with surprise features. Annette designed two types of secret pages. Ones that have flaps that slide out of the side and one very clever one that opens in the centre!! I just got carried away and made up my own pages including mini envelopes and tags and a normal 6x4 envelope!!
I was trying to keep Annette's original "Oriental" colour scheme and feel to the book, so I put together some of my own stash which I felt reflected oriental colours. Pink, red and orange. These were a mixture of papers from my monthly kits including some Sassafrass and October afternoon. The stickers are Sassafrass too.
I added a few button embellishments and some ribbons on the spine and it is all set to fill!! This would make a great gift!
This is the page that slides open in the centre. It is very clever and does not come apart totally!! It's all in the construction!
This page slides out at the side. I inked the edges of all my papers to give it and old worn look. Used my favourite dark brown chalk eye ink pad!!
here is one of my page additions!!! There is an envelope flap and a strap across the front that things can be tucked under.
This is my other page that I added using two small wage envelopes and tags.
I tried to use all the scalloped edges from the Sassafrass papers as accents on most of my pages.

Two more of my pages of my own design, just with pockets for keeping hidden items. Used the scalloped edge paper again!
All in all, I am very pleased with it and even more proud that it won first prize!!! I won some rubber stamps from 3D Jean which i used on my Tim Holtz type tags last week!
Thanks again Annette for a great class. If you want to see more of her fab books, I suggest you check out her blog here. There is always a link on my sidebar as I check it often!!!! Scrap happens here!!! At the moment she is in Saudi and there is always something new to learn about other cultures!!! TFLx
P.S. Back to school tomorrow :(



6 comments:

SusieJ said...

All I can say is WOW!
I have a BIA already - this is further proof we ALL need one!
SusieJ

sue-bubbles said...

WOW CC...this is a masterpiece! A deserved winner of first prize, fabulous!
Sue x

CoventryAnn said...

This is amazing, a worthy prize winner!

april said...

wow, i know that book took a lot of time. amazing work!

Anonymous said...

WHAT a fantastic little book!
No wonder you won first prize with it.
Oooo, you've got me wanting to try it now. Mgt.x

Hi I'm Maria... said...

WOW what a fab book, and not surprised it won first prize, well done...

I would love a BIA but no where to keep it...

maria x