Sunday, 22 February 2009

A bird in the hand.......


I can't believe I am publishing this photo of myself, dressed up for a fancy dress competition, when I was a child! This was another fabulous class from the UKs Cybercrop. Unusual for me, as it included using acrylic paint dabbers and printing with paint using bubble wrap! One thing I have learned from these classes is that it is good to experiment with different techniques! This class had lots for finishing touches, whereas I might have not gone that far, but I love the result!
I used my own stash and improvised for the embellishments I did not have. I made my own bling heart using a packet of Papermania gemstones. I love the rub ons from Basic Grey too, some over the photo and some under.
Today is the last day of the half term holiday and as usual I have left everything until the last minute. Today will be manic, trying to get my planning done and the ironing and the housework and the Sunday lunch. Never mind, I do have tomorrow as I only work part time ;)
My sum total of crafting for this week has been my Tim Holtz tags!!! Hubby being off too has meant I have been out and about more, which is not a bad thing! I now have a backlog of projects!!! And my new Scrapbook Apprentice goodies to think about!! Doodlebug heaven! Limeade and Bubblegum!!! Better go get that meat in the oven! Going to eat at lunch today as DS1 is at work at tea time!

4 comments:

Brenda Pinnick said...

Oh I love this layout! absolutely brilliant!
And what a cute picture, too!

Hi I'm Maria... said...

oh caroline, didn't you look cute....

lovely L/O, love the way you did your hearts, will have to remember that, as loads of them...

maria x

sue-bubbles said...

A stunning layout - what lush colours...and such a cute photo..lol!
Sue x

CoventryAnn said...

Love the B&W shot with the bright colours, fab LO Caroline!