Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Black and Blue - class 2

This class was designed by AnniB over on UKs. This layout was so simple and yet very effective. It was based on two black and white images and one colour, all of the same topic! The strips of paper were all trimmed to various widths and place vertically and the first one contained the journeying. The only hint of embellishment was the thickers for the title and a small Hambly acetate swirl! I actually had to add a second acetate as a mysterious black line appeared on my beautiful blue background!!! Just one of those happy accidents!!! I think it does not look out of place!!
The colour picture was matted and layered with foam pads to add dimension. Each patterned paper was inked around the edges to add dimension too. I think it look great! I learnt that a very clean and simple style can be just as effective as placing every thing in odd numbers, groups and arrangements. Thanks Ann! I am definitely going to do this sort of layout again!TFLx
P.S. short post here as we have TV repair man fixing the signal to our TV's!! Also got school work to do for tomorrow :( Wish I had time to craft !!! Roll on tomorrow!!

4 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

I love this layout CC. I like the strips of paper technique but have never actually got around to using it...I must, you have inspired me!
Sue x

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful - as you say, so simple yet effective. Mgt.

Anonymous said...

Love this LO, looks very calm and serene.Lovely colours.
Jackie:-)

Hi I'm Maria... said...

love the layout CC, the colours and strips, it's fab, might give this one a go myself, thanks...

maria x