Friday, 20 February 2009

Not enough hours in a day!!!!

I know I am on holiday this week, but there just are not enough hours in a day!!! Hubby is off work too, which has hampered my crafting hours (lol!) but still I have had some craft time!!!

I took delivery of my next parcel of Scrapbook Apprentice goodies and they are looking yummy! Lots of shocking pink and bright green and tons of ribbon!! The design challenge is ribbon this time so I have been busy jotting down ideas for my makes! One of the items can be of our own choice this time too so watch out for something altered!!! Thanks for those extra votes over on this months entries, I hope to still be there for next month and those Nonsense papers that were so scrummy!!

I have been dying to have a go at the altered book I saw in Paper craft Inspirations magazine. Jane did a fab book in there and I love her pop up layout in this month's Scrapbook Inspirations magazine!! Now can you see why there are not enough hours in a day???? So many projects I want to make and so little time!!!

Off out to "Meadowhell" for a days shopping with hubby and DS2 today. Hoping to pop into Hobbycraft for some Modge Podge on the way!!!

Mum and dad came for tea yesterday, dad is improving slowly but surely from his awful chest infection at Christmas. I was trying to get him started on his family tree a bit last night as this is something I want to pursue WHEN I HAVE TIME!!!! Mum has done her family tree, but we have not too much on my maiden name - hoping to find of course that I am ultimately related to Richard BRANSON!!!!!! There must be a link somewhere!!!! lol!!!!
Right, must nip off quick. Will leave you with yet another project from my Cybercrop files!!! As luck would have it, it is a layout using a photo of my dad and his brother! I just loved this watercolour class, it was just so different from my normal layouts and was great fun! i got the bug to be more experimental!! This is the class I bought my Tim Holtz mask for!!! i love the olde worlde feel to it even though it is quite modern looking and of course i love to add bits of old books!! I did not have all the requirements for this class so a lot is my own thing!!! TFLx

1 comment:

Ruth aka alteredgeisha said...

i CAN'T BELIEVE THIS BEAUIFUL LAYOUT HASN'T ANY COMMENTS SO ALTHOUGH YOU MAY NEVER SEE THIS COMMENT BECAUSE IT'S SO FAR DOWN YOUR BLOG. I JUST HAD TO SEND IT SOME LOVE!!!