Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Paper bag book part 1

Here is a project I have finally got around to, that I have been meaning to do for a while. I have been saving the offcuts from my monthly kit club papers and have been recording the photograph of each months kit, as I wanted to make a record of what each kit had contained during my first year of subscription! Some of you know my liking for Studio Calico kits (no connection by the way!) but you maybe wondering why I wanted a pictorial record of past kits??? If you have used them why does it matter??? Well, the answer is I have not used all of them and have had to split the stash up amongst my normal supplies, so, if ever I want to put a combination layout together that came together, one quick look jogs my memory!!! I have found it useful already!!! I have been a member for a year with the January kit, so I used one of their paper bags to make a mini paper bag album, which I cut up and joined together with large eyelets! The cover has the title using some of their exclusive stamps, another of my passions! I just have to have them all!! I have made six months of pages so far, which took me quite a while, will sit down and finish the other six months soon! here is what I have done so far!!! A little bit of Studio Calico scrumminess!!! None of the gorgeousness has been wasted! Not even the tiny scraps!! (I am going to add more ribbons to the binding, when it is all finished!!)

P.S. Each pocket of the paper bag carries a full supplies list for each month, just in case I want to buy an embellishments or paper again!! The names are to hand!!

Sorry the photo's appear blurred!! Will take some more tomorrow! All snow has gone here today! School back to normal!! TFLx

4 comments:

Lyn said...

Wow, that's a great idea for a project!!

Close To Home said...

what a cool paper bag project--looks great!!

AnnaMarie said...

WOW - your album is SO SO awesome!!

sue-bubbles said...

Awesome is the perfect word for this scrummy album - what a clever idea!!!!
Sue x
ps: I hope you feel better soon CC!