Friday, 27 February 2009

Post 500!! Stamp storage

I just realised I am at post 500! How short a time it seems since I first started blogging and yet how much part of my life it has become!! I love it!! Whether anyone reads my daily drivel or not, I love doing it, so I will continue to do so for a while yet!!! As you know I am a fully paid up member of The Studio Calico kit club and I just adore there monthly kits - what else could get me out of bed at 5am?????? Nothing!!!!! Anyway, tomorrow is the big reveal for the new kit and I just love those American Crafts thicker shapes in fabric!!!!!! Check them out here! I am going to try and resist the add ons tomorrow as I have not started last months kit yet, but I may let my hand slip in the shop as they always have lovely extras to buy in there too. This months kit has another exclusive Studio Calico stamp in it and I had heard a few girls on the message board over there chatting about how they stored their clear stamps, to make sure they use them regularly. One of the DT showed how she stored them in a folder and I suddenly remembered I had the perfect one for the job! I once won an American Crafts binder on a RAK from one of the Studio Calico girls and had not used it, so this seemed perfect. I used one of the page protectors as a size guide and cut some leftover Bazzill card stock to the same size in various colours. I then ran these pieces through my Laminator so they became plastic coated and the clear stamps stick to them perfectly! At first I had thought of stamping the Bazzill with each stamp to show where it lived, but then when I did it they were all mirror imaged and it looked a mess, so I only did that on one page.
When you get a clear stamp, it usually comes with a printed acetate sheet showing the design. The girls over a t SC were saying they use this as a guide and position it on their layouts to decide where is the best place to locate their stamp!!! I had not thought of this before, I don't know why, but what a simple and great idea!!! I decided to keep these little guides handy, popping them in a page protector in front of the page with the stamp on! All organised!!! This also stops the stamps from sticking to the page in front!!!
I was so excited, I went ahead and added all my favourite clear stamps including my two exclusive SC fonts, they are now much more likely to get used!!!!
Anyway here is the finished article, just waiting to be decorated on the front, why not sort out your clear stamp storage, any A4 binder would do!!! If you have no access to a laminator (Aldi had them cheap this week!) then I think you can buy stamp storage cards ready covered. TFLxP.S. Set that alarm clock early!!!! But leave something for me!!!!
P.P.S. For the chance of a RAK of a tiny SC clear stamp saying "The weather outside" please leave a comment and celebrate my 500th post with me!! Somehow in my hurry I managed to buy two!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A terrific idea CC.
I have too many stamps now to be held in the box I have for them.....I'm fast becoming a Stampaholic!
DH has always got a spare folder, so might 'borrow' one & do this.
Please add my name to the list for the 'weather Outside' RAK. Mgt.x

Houston said...

Great idea, I had never thought to use the acetate as a positioner, just genius! Oh would love that stamp, I don't have that one... it's from before my time!

Lauren said...

I so love your storage idea!! Looks great..I so need something like this..If only I had a laminator....
Have a wonderful weekend!

Hi I'm Maria... said...

WOW CC, what a great idea I'm in the middle of trying to tidy my stash and have not started on my stamps yet, so at least I know how to store the clear ones, thanks...

and love the look of the stamp, could you please put me in your draw, thanks...

maria x

CoventryAnn said...

As i seem to have collected a mountain of clear stamps, organising them somehow has to a priority! Great blog CC!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, love the idea of a prize may well of missed it now. However, I love your blog, in fact you inspired me to give it a go, I started one lazy days on blogger like you. No one has visited it as yet, don't really know what i'm doing. But there is definatly something theraputic about putting things down, and not minding who sees it. so thank you and keep up the good work. on another note I had to go anon as couldnt even put my details in, I doubt i'll get to 500 like you but I hope to learn as I go any tips please share and congratulations 500 wow xx