Wednesday, 18 February 2009

Project 5 - The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes

Here is another class I did from the cybercrop, to make a mini album using a fabric cover and a flexi spine, although I am not sure I got the spine quite right! I wanted a retro fifties feel, so I used some papers from my Studio Calico "Iconic" kit that I have been saving, along with the fruity fabric in fifties colours of pink and lemon.
The album, once finished, was supposed to have drawer handles on the top, but as I was using my own stash and not buying the kit, I improvised with some IKEA curtain clips and a length of twill ribbon for the handles. I am hoping to use this album to mount some old pictures from my youth or my parents early days together in the fifties, when I get around to filling it!!!

These papers would have been tricky for me to use on other pages as they are so bright and vibrant, but I think once I have mounted some black and white photo's on them they will be great.
This class was done by 'Crafts At Home' and last year I really struggled with their class 'Mission Impossible' this time it was actually achievable within the time and I look forward to using it!

Looking forward to playing with my new Tim Holtz stash today whilst hubby goes to the gym. Hopefully I will have some samples to show tomorrow!!! Alcohol inks here I come!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow!! This is really cool!