Saturday, 21 February 2009

Ready for rain

This is another layout, or should I say my interpretation, of a class from Cybercrop. The original class was called Spider's web, but as I had done a layout very similar for the previous months Scrapbook Apprentice challenge, I did not want to repeat myself. The purpose of the class was beading, so i used an old photo of myself and my sister to interpret the beading as rain. I had bought the basic Grey cupcake papers and the Noteworthy glitter clears, so I just used some of my white seed beads to add a raindrop feel to the layout. The chipboard letters were inked and then glossy accents used to give a "wet" look and some metal and epoxy stickers add extra shiny elements to the whole layout.
The colours are not brilliant as it was finished and photographed late at night!!!

I have since been and bought some new beading needles as I could not thread the beads easily using any of mine and I had to try each bead about 5 times before i found one that would slide over easily!!! Quite testing this layout!!!
Did not have much success in Hobbycraft yesterday. Got some glue sticks for my hot glue gun and some green raffia, beading needles and that was about it!!! had more success buying a couple of cardigans and two t shirts!!!
My Graphic 45 papers arrived this morning for my altered book project, when i get round to it!!! Struggling with a bit of a headache today and I have an ironing basket piled high!!!!!!! I spent ages de-scaling my iron the other day, so hopefully i can rip through the pile double quick!!!! or is that wishful thinking???? TFLx

1 comment:

Hi I'm Maria... said...

lovely L/O CC, love the way you've done the the wet look and the beads...

maria x