Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Family Home double layout

I actually did a double layout yesterday as a bit of light relief after a hectic day at work. I don't normally tackle double layouts as I find them trickier, I don't know why! I suppose the design principle's apply but you want the pages to be balanced in their own right. I had some October afternoon weather vane paper I had been hanging on to and a few other bits and pieces from the lit it came in. I managed to find two pieces of Card stock the same colour that toned with it and off I went! The photographs are from the 1960's. The house where I was brought up, built in 1963 by my parents with a huge garden of 1/3rd of an acre that dad used to grow fruit and vegetables in! Not recognisable now, as the land surrounding them has been lost to housing but at the time they had a marvellous view of the river. I wanted to record how it used to be, down to the classic Austin 'A4o' car on the drive!
i used some machine stitching and I decoupaged the houses on the strips of October afternoon paper using foam pads. The ribbon is pleated and the vintage furniture label had some journaling on it but I will add more details. The chipboard picket fence has been sprayed using a Maya mist and an Iridescent one over the top. Studio Calico rip strips are also on here! I like the idea that the photo's are all different sizes too! TFLx
P.S. If you have not voted yet in the Scrapbook Apprentice competition, please do so! Time is running out and it is very close! I would love to be in for next month!

2 comments:

CoventryAnn said...

What lovely photos, my parents still live in the house i was brought up in, and littel has changed around them. Great LO.

sue-bubbles said...

An amazing DLO CC, I adore it!
Sue x