Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Mothers day tag book

Here is a mini book I got the instructions for to make last year and never got around to it!! I got them from my team mate Voodoo Vixen over on UKs. Annette is the master of mini books as I have mentioned before and this was one I wanted to have a go at! The photo's are not brilliant as I have just this minute finished it and wanted to upload it tonight. the flash does not show, but it is pale pink and brown. the paper is a Basic Grey "Blush" page. The quotes are printed out on to a sheet of Daisy D's and the Bazzill is the palest of blush pink. The tags inside this book each contain a quote about mothers and I intend on putting a photograph on the back of each one. I thought I would start with my mothers grandmother, then her mother, then herself, then my sister and finally me, all mothers from the one line of family. I think mum will love it!The pockets are made from half of a sealed envelope and I will probably embellish the front of each pocket on completion.
Been so busy at work today and quite stressed, so had a bath and determined to get myself in the craft room for a bit of relaxation! I have completed the journaling in my postcard mini book, so I will photograph that and upload it tomorrow. Missed blogging yesterday, as I took my mum to Meadowhall shopping! We had a great time and got her some new clothes as she does not fit many after losing weight after her heart bypass operation. I looked as it as a sort of mothers day treat! She said she enjoyed it!
Completed my write up for Scrapbook Apprentice challenge tonight too, so keep your eyes open for some sneak peeks coming soon!! All bubblegum, cupcake and limeade!!! Including an extra item! You'll never guess what it is!!! TFLx

2 comments:

Lazy Days said...

Hi Caroline, love this idea, something different and a keepsake for MUM I love the idea of putting the photos on too. You know, I always thought you were in the Uk lol lovely papers and I do just love every thing you do your an insperation xx

SusieJ said...

CC - this is fabulous! What a a brilliant gift.
Sue xx