Monday, 2 March 2009

Scrapbook Apprentice round 4!

I got through to round four! Thanks to all who voted for me! The new challenge pieces are up today and I just loved working with these papers. Here are my sneak peeks again!
This was a great technique with the core-dinations card stock. I sandpapered the card stock over the top of a Bazzill edges strip which i stuck down on my craft mat. That gave me a 'brass rubbing' effect of tiles. I reinforced the stitching requirement of the design by adding machine scallop stitching, but made sure my stitch was altered to be a similar size to the sanded ones. The edges of the card stock were hand cut scallops and then inked.
Top add more stitching to the layout I stitched my four windows in place using the sewing machine and stitched some curves on each hand cut leaf for the flowerbed. The windows conceal some characteristics of each member of the family. barney our dog is also hidden under hubby's picture, with an arrow pointing to him. The Papermania stitching templates we were sent were great fun and I recommend them. I punched holes using a pricking tool and my old mouse mat and then stitched back stitch using the thread given.

The picture papers were great fun to cut up and shape. I am really into hand cutting and shaping using my bone folder. I added some swirls to this car using a journaling pen and some more stitching with the templates.If you zoom in on the whole layout here, over at Creativity life blogspot you can see more of the detail. This boho chic style was really enjoyable and I think I got carried away!!! The chipboard birdies were fab to use and the velvet ribbon with birds on was just too cute for words! Voting starts again today for these layouts. Thanks.
P.S. Have been in the craft room today completing next month challenges! Two layouts, two cards and another item!! How can you choose just one item?????? All using ribbon creatively!!! Watch this space!!
P.P.S. Fab weather here today! The sky has been bright blue and brilliant sunshine. Makes you feel really spinglike! Downside is I had to get the tumble dryer fixed today, £87!!!! Still, cheaper than buying a new one!!!

7 comments:

SusieJ said...

Love your LO and card CC! That velvet ribbon with the birds is to die for!!!
Good luck with this month's challenge!
Well done on the economical repair too!
Sue xx

vtpuggirl said...

I'm off to vote for you, what an amazing layout!

Ruth aka alteredgeisha said...

Hi Caroline from the other side of the river....I lost your blog for so long but am delighted to have found you again...this time I shall save to favourites and NOT let my DH redo the pc and wipe everything off that I have collected so carefully!!

I'm looking forward to going back through your posts to see what you have been up to..no doubt some amazing creations!!
Ruth xxx

Kristii said...

Whoo hoo!! congratulations!! Good luck in the next round!!!

Kristii said...

Whooo hoo!!! Congratulations!! Good luck in the next round!!

CoventryAnn said...

Well done, a really tricky round! i love the Nonsense papers, and have picked up some of the stitching templates, just need to find the time to use them!

Hi I'm Maria... said...

well done on getting through another round CC, and love your card and layout....and I agree with ann, was a tricky one...

maria x