Monday, 6 April 2009

Altered notebooks

I have been making altered notebooks for an order from a friend. First I bought some notebooks then I carefully removed the front and back covers and drew around them on to naked chipboard. Then I covered front and back with two papers. To add texture I tore some edges and inked them with my dark brown chalk eye ink pad. I then used my bind it all machine to punch holes in the new covers and carefully replaced them on the wire binding, before using the BIA machine to close the wire again and restore the spine. I used my Cropadile to punch and set and eyelet in the front and back cover and then added matching ribbons. The fronts were trimmed with antique pages from a recipe book, old music and various velvet ribbons and buttons. Each notebook also has a 'rub on' title. They are mostly made with K and co papers although there are some others in there two. I used up some single sided papers and oddments of a few double sided. Each one is packaged in a plastic bag tied with linen string and has my label on it. TFlx





3 comments:

CoventryAnn said...

These are loveely, i esp like the Amy Butler paper!

Anonymous said...

These notebooks are very pretty CC. What a great idea to use a bought one as a template.The packaging looks very professional too.
Jackie worcs :-)

SusieJ said...

Wonderful CC! Gorgeous papers and flowers.
Sue xx