Sunday, 26 April 2009

Introducing...




a new baby! I am on a roll, I can't begin to tell you how good it feels! I have had these photo's hanging around for ages and I have grabbed one of my Studio Calico kits that have been waiting to be used and just run with it! I have filled an album and need to order some more to fit them in! This is a photo of my great aunt taking time to introduce my dad to his new baby cousin. I love his face on this picture, he is looking so intently! These papers were perfect for this layout and I am really having fun with all the hand cutting. I have done some on various layouts recently and I love it. The background is all stitched piece by piece using the sewing machine, just like I used to do applique work. The ribbon is pleated and stitched and some grass spikes are hand stitched using my paper pricking tool first. Used one of my Studio Calico kits and the little bird stamp was one of their exclusive ones. Kirsty's Patti's Pretties just add another dimension to the flowers, along with a few buttons.
Out for lunch today, for dad's 85th birthday, another sunny day here! Did manage another layout yesterday, but spent time on my friends son's 18th birthday invite, so time was limited! Got to work tomorrow, so no crafting 'til Thursday now. Good job I have done all these layouts! need to order a new album, filled the other one! TFLx
P.S. Just realised I forgot to add my journaling! Off to put that right now!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, that is lovely! I particularly love how you have used the ribbon - I'm always stuck for ways to use my enormous stash of ribbon, so thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

a stunning layout cc, its just beautiful.
gina xxxxx

CoventryAnn said...

Really likre the trees, thse on trend papers still go really well with the vintage photos.

Hi I'm Maria... said...

another fab L/O cc, well done...

maria x

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Beautiful, catches the emotion too