Wednesday, 29 April 2009

Dad

Here is one of my all time favourite photo's of dad, taken a while back in the seventies I think, in France, on a beach out of season! I used a pencil lines sketch to help me get started and then as usual, strayed off track!!! I got the idea of combining the blue and acid lime green from one of the Tinkering ink backing papers! The yellow just lifts the layout too! I like the retro papers and the map flowers! I wish I had more of those! The outside border of the card stock has several layers of machine stitching, but its not so easy to see on here. I now have a fear of leaving the edges of my card stock alone! having run amok with my edge distresser, I am trying to wean myself off it now! This added some interest without being too noticeable. The large green flowers were from a Scrummy stash cafe kit ages ago. I have been hanging on to them as I have a thing about acid green! My mum used to say "blue and green should never be seen!" But I think It works well here!
My next Scrapbook Apprentice challenge kit arrived today. I just hope I am around to use it!! If you have not yet voted, there are only a few hours left! Hop over here and take a look! The new papers are zingy and vibrant and we get to do more free choices, so I am really looking forward to it!
Ofsted is over for me! Fortunately, I only work part time! What a day to run out of Prozac!!! Anyway, serious crafting is on the agenda to de-stress - whilst getting up to walk around every hour of course and do my Osteopath's exercises!!! I cannot bear the pain in my neck sometimes, but apparently its all the shoulder's fault!! I think a drink or two may be in order tonight! Blow the low carb thing! Had a celebratory choc muffin (mini) at work today when I taught my last session! Off to lie down in a darkened room and hope the headache that is pending does not arrive!! TFLx

6 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

gorgeous lo, love the pic and the colours are great (I am having a blue/green moment too)

Crafty Dawn said...

Love the LO I to have heard that saying as well as red & green should never be see but what would Christmas be like then? lol

Good luck in the apprentice (this is one hell of a job interview isn't it lol I would have fell at the first hurdel me thinks!

Any hoo hope your feeling better soon I have the odd Migrain (never knew what one was until a couple of years ago) I tend to get them quite regular now and that is the best medication I can think of (A DARK room) you have my sympathy.

Love Dawn xx

sue-bubbles said...

A truly beautiful LO, such lovely papers and embellies to go with this wonderful photo of your dear Dad!
Hooray that Ofsted have gone...you deserve a drink CC, have a great evening!
Sue x

Anonymous said...

The colour scheme is fabby CC. What a great photo too.
Hope you recover quickly from Ofsted!
Jackie worcs :-)

CoventryAnn said...

Gorgeous LO, an you're right, the photo is great! Am sure you'll be in it next month!!!

tartantaz said...

This page is fantastic, you are soooo talented.

T x