Sunday, 5 April 2009

Down memory Lane!

I have been down memory lane again this weekend, this time I took a short break with hubby and spent a night in Newcastle Upon Tyne where we both did our degrees! Hubby had a meeting there on Friday, so I decided to make use of a days shopping in Eldon Square and then we met up for afternoon tea and had a walk around the town including trips to the old polytechnic buildings, the civic hall, city hall and down to the quay side! A lot of it was just as I remembered! We stayed in a hotel in Gateshead so that we spent yesterday having a quick trip around Metro centre and then came home yesterday afternoon. The weather was foggy as we drove up the A1, but turned into brilliant sunshine as we did our walkabout during the afternoon!I managed to spend some time in both Bainbridges and Fenwicks and had a wander down to Grey's monument the central arcade and the Theatre! The Tyne bridge and the Millenium bridge! The buildings looked lovely in the sunshine.
I have only good memories of my time here. I spent three happy years doing my teaching degree and had the time of my life! I would have stayed up here if I could have found a job! I loved the sound of the accents, which also brought back happy memories! I have some great photo's to scrap, maybe for the next round of 'the Apprentice!'
I managed a little craft shopping - both in John Lewis and The paper mill in Metro Centre! I have a week or two off school to get some crafting done, so I am really looking forward to it! Got some more great ideas for my etsy shop too! Called in at the family seat at 'Gatenby' on the A1 on the way home - not much there actually only a few farms but we had a laugh and photographed ourselves by the sign! That should become a layout too! TFLx

4 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

Lovely photos CC, Im so glad you had a good weekend!
Sue x

Sharon said...

Lovely photos. Looks like you had a great weekend

CoventryAnn said...

Great photos CC!

SusieJ said...

Wonderful photos and sooo many memories - for me too! I did my degree in Newcastle!
Sue xx