Thursday, 2 April 2009

Happy Anniversary

I have been married 21 years today! I can't believe it! I suppose I can when I look at my 18 year old son!! It just seems that the time has passed without me noticing it, either that or you begin to worry when your kids are about to leave home and you want time to slow down!!! I remember wanting them to grow up!! maybe it's just because I am now into scrapping and I can think of lots of things I have missed that I would have photographed had I been into scrap booking then!! We always had a camera, so I have photographs, but we were short of money and film developing was expensive then, so I used to limit what pictures I took to big occasions. maybe one day i will start to scrap all the important photos from the past, at the moment I have enough on with the events of the now!!!!

Anyway, I digress, as usual, back to my anniversary!!! I made this card last night, last minute as usual, from some of my February Studio Calico kit and some Riff Raff designs chipboard shapes! I experimented with my Maya mists again too. The chipboard is sprayed with brown and then iridescent over the top! have not given it to hubby yet as I left the silicone to dry last night and he was up and out early this morning, left me a lovely card and a milky bar (my fave!) beside my bed!! So sweet!! Going out for a meal tonight and then away at the weekend down memory lane!!! More about that later!! Got to busy about today with a trip to the vets and need to lay supplies in for the house sitters/dog sitters!!! and the kids!!


Here we are looking about 12!!!!!! back in the eighties!!! Who told me that perm was good???? TFLx

8 comments:

Lazy Days said...

Congratulations on 21years together

I missed out on the old photo it wasn't showing (but I too fell for the perm in the 80s) and its wasn't a good look lol

Have a wonderful week end

Love Dawn xx

CoventryAnn said...

congrats caroline, love the card, and you both look so sweet in the wedding pic!!! Only 19 years wed for me in a couple of weeks.

karen m. (akaliz) said...

congrats! love the photo...your man looks so very dapper. and the perm, well, we were all there at one point or another. hopefully that style will never return ;)

*reyanna klein* said...

Happy Anniversary! YAY! Love that card. Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Happy aniversary Mr & Mrs CC!
Jackie :-)

sue-bubbles said...

Happy Anniversary CC! A lovely photo, so sweet! Perms...ah, thems were the days!
Sue x

Houston said...

I just love his hat in the wedding picture! Beautiful card and Happy Anniversary!

Hi I'm Maria... said...

belated anniversary wishes CC, (mines 24 in august and yes had the perm too, lol)...

maria x