Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Mum


Another retro layout using some old black and white photo's of my mum. When i first saw the yellow in this particular monthly kit, I thought I wouldn't use it, but see how well it highlights the blue and lifts the black and white photo's! I am definitely not a yellow person, but have been using this lots! The retro papers and the exclusive Studio Calico typewriter stamp and typography were ideal too, as mum used to be a secretary before she had us children. I stamped on the vinyl flower with Stazon too, just to break up the 'flatness' of the flower. i stamped the typewriter and cut it out and mounted it on foam pads to add depth. The fab-rip strips that were from another SC kit also add texture to the two side edges. My journaling spots are still blank as I need to check with mum the exact dates and places these photo's were taken. TFLx
P.S. Loving my mini easel purchase from Germany, it makes photographing so much easier!!

1 comment:

SusieJ said...

Another great heritage LO CC.
Loving that easel of yours too!
Sue xx