Friday, 24 April 2009

Seaside clothes!



Here is another of my recent layouts, I did a whole load more last night too! This one is another photo of dad as a child on holiday in Scarborough. What I love about this photo, and it always makes us giggle, is that grandads concession to summer clothes, was a pair of white canvas plimsolls!! Other than that, he still has his collar and tie and jacket on, just like they always did at that time! It seems so strange to us, but was quite the norm back then.

I experimented a little with this layout and used my apron lace punch on the top of the photograph and then added extra details to the layout with stitching and hand gathered ribbon. Hand cutting, tearing and doodling were also used. For this layout I also reverted to using patterned paper as my background, something I always used to do,but had got away from recently. It was also partly necessity, as I seem to have run out of Kraft card stock which has been my recent favourite!! This layout was scrapped with one of my old kits from Studio Calico - Iconic. I had been stock piling these for some heritage layouts and I think the evoke the sunshine feel I wanted. Got the stitching into the holes of the punch idea from the DT over there.
Here is another layout from a different era. This one is from the 1960's so I was trying to capture that vibrant feel, using the orange patterned paper as the background. This is hubby Ian, with his dad when he was very small. Taken from a slide we found lurking in a drawer, it has some marks on it, but still I think a fab picture! Again, the Iconic kit from SC with the retro adverts papers, reflecting washing machines of 1962 was perfect!
Ok, that's enough for now, got to take Barney out for his walk. Doing a bit of retail therapy later in York - Duttons for buttons here I come!!!!! TFLx
P.S. Kirsty, if you are reading this, why is my camera overexposing everything??? Help??? Please??? I think it is broken again!! It over-exposes, but has the little hand sign flashing saying it is too close to take a pic??? Me thinks it may be poorly!!! :(

1 comment:

sue-bubbles said...

Stunning layouts CC, perfect papers and techniques for the photos - gorgeous!
Sue x