Thursday, 30 April 2009

Sutton buttons!!!

I have come to the end of my Looking Glass kit from Studio Calico. There a few more layouts to show her over the next few days, but mostly it is done. I have absolutely loved it and I knew I would! All those vintage looking papers have been perfect for my vintage photo's and I have added some of my own ideas, as you should to any kit, to keep it unique. here I used lots of Woodware buttons in a dark red colour and a Basic Grey rub-on, half under and partly over the photograph. I added some elements of the Sassafrass paper that were hand cut, to give a bit of depth and texture too and apart from that is was pretty simple. This is for the Pencil Lines challenge over on their blog here. I used to enter their challenges all the time so at least I made one layout a week, but recently I had forgotten about it! So this is my first entry in many months!!
I thought yesterday was the last day for voting in the Scrapbook Apprentice challenge, but this teacher forgot obviously how many days there are in April and you do have today, so please pop over here and vote! (Actually I think the blog itself did say only 17hours left yesterday and that's where I get it from! Either that or I need stronger glasses!)
Off to get my hair done today and the man is coming to fix the oven door - again!!! He fixed it last Monday and then broke it again himself, so had to order new hinges! My freezer defrosted whilst i was in York last Friday, so I called him out to look at that and when he fiddled with it and pulled it out of it's space, it started working again!! £60 later and I could have done better myself! The bloomin' thing did not work when I moved it!!! Dare not put any food back in it just yet, 'til I am certain! TFLx

2 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

A beautiful layout, and a scrummy use of buttons!
Bucket loads of sparkles vote the last few hours of voting CC - I hope we see you and your projects there tomorrow!!!
Sue x

vtpuggirl said...

Stunning layout! I can't wait until things slow down a little and I can hit my older kits again. But next month rolls on and more stuff comes and I get more and more behind.