Monday, 11 May 2009

Clear Stamp Storage and kit catalogue


A while ago I organised my wooden mounted stamps in a frame my sister gave me for Christmas, bought in France. I had started to reorganise my clear stamps, here, into an American Crafts ring binder album, but never completed it! Last week for national Scrapbooking day, there were several challenges over on Studio Calico, one of which was an organisational challenge. I decided to go ahead and finish this album off. Every piece of Studio Calico is precious to me, including all the beautiful cards that are sent, usually one in each kit and the stickers that hold the paper bags closed and I save every element. This cover gave me the perfect opportunity to use them in a way that means I can see them every day! I need to collect a few more to finish off the inside covers, but so far I have done the outside easily! I hand cut and mounted a lady in 3D on the front and added a chipboard button sprayed with Maya mist to complete. Ink the edges with an ink pad. This little number earned me a prize! An add on I had been hanging my nose over last month but had been good and not purchased!!! I soooooo wanted that little aeroplane stamp remember? To scrap some pics of my dad and his plane during the war! The photo's are ready to go! Just awaiting the delivery of my prize!
I also complete my paper bag book of kits, as a reference album. So here is Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan, plus a few extra Studio Calico cards and journaling labels!!! I just love it all. I need to start the next book as I have three kits already that are not catalogued! Even the paper bag book is made from one of the Studio Calico bags that the kit comes in! Am I a fanatic or what???!!! Lol!

3 comments:

Crafty Dawn said...

I heard mention of sorting clear stamps and came right over! I love what you have done I really need the space so I must commit to doing this too! you are always so inspiring. So what are the ideas for the wooden stamps in a frame I have draw fulls I need space help!

Love Dawn xx

vtpuggirl said...

I love it! I just have mine in a canvas bin. Congrats on winning the add-on, I really want that little plane too, will probably buy it this month. It's ok that we love it!

Houston said...

I just love your ideas! The little book is just fantastic and that stamp storage is brillant!