Sunday, 10 May 2009

Doorhanger




Here is a project I completed, using an MDF door hanger. I painted the edges with an acrylic paint dabber and then covered both sides with patterned papers. I added a cream rub on over the top on one side and some brown rub ons on the other. The Busy sign was made from a chipboard shape covered in patterned paper and ribbon threaded through the slot and stitched. The large flower embellishment was made using my old 1960's flower loom and some paper string I bought in Germany. You wind the string around the loom and then stitch it in the centre to secure it. Not used that for years! fabric rip strips from Studio Calico, some Prima flowers, buttons and a few dew drops complete the decoration. Just need to make a few different ones now for my craft sale.

7 comments:

Hi I'm Maria... said...

oh love your door hanger CC,

and oh I've got a couple of those looms in a square as well as the circle...I never throw anything out (mine aren't so old though, bought back in my teens in the late 70's).... love the paper string you've used, not sure where to get that here....shame..

maria x

CoventryAnn said...

Love the idea of putting up the busy sign!!!!!

a little bit of me........ said...

wow CC i love your door hnagers i started some for xmas pressies look nothing like yours though!

They are so pretty and i love the flower loom its so different.
jennix

sue-bubbles said...

Brilliant I love it CC! I think I need one of those..busy on one side, and very busy on the other...he he!
Sue x

Crafty Dawn said...

Very Nice I keep saying I am going to make one you have convinced me to make a template

Love Dawn xx

redsmudge said...

Your doorhanger is fab! I love the flower - can you still get those flower looms anywhere??

Door Hanger Printing said...

What a cute door hanger my daughter would love this!