Saturday, 23 May 2009

Flying Machines double layout

I have always shied away from double layouts, but have had a few photo's recently that warranted an attempt! Tonight I decided to tackle some prints I had of dad learning to fly during the war and used my Studio Calico add on that I won that included the lovely little aeroplane stamp, perfect! Dad learned to fly in a "Tiger Moth." I also had some RAF pics of FIL to scrap too, so tonight I have done two double layouts and a single! It's amazing what you can get done when you have the house to yourself!!! All my chaps were out, so it was just me and Barney!!Added some machine embroidery stitching and pleated the ribbon and stitched it in place. I love how the two pages join together to tell the story. One of my pages has half the title and the other does too. I worked on them together as one page and tried to balance the whole design. The journaling is on a tag hidden behind one of the photo's. Will share the Double Layout of FIL tomorrow night! TFLx

4 comments:

SusieJ said...

Great LO CC and what wonderful photos!
You've had a very productive evening by the sound of it - looking forward to seeing the other LOs.
Sue xx

:: gingerkitty :: said...

beyond gorgeous. Amazing love the negative spaces you left. Nice design indeed

CoventryAnn said...

This is fab, love the aeroplane and the ribbon trail, no wonder you were glad to win it!

sue-bubbles said...

Fab DLO CC, I love DLO's - lots of space to work in and use up nice stash!
Sue x