Friday, 15 May 2009

Happy, Happy birthday!!

Look what I got!!!!!! I am one happy bunny! As you know, I have been having issues with my little compact camera and so hubby bought me this for my birthday today!!! yay!!!
I have been reading the brochure and I have the battery on charge! I can't wait to have a play! It is bigger than my other one, but still lightweight and has a lot more features on, including manual focus! I have no excuse now for not having brilliant, in focus shots!!! I just need help learning it all! Kirsty, if you're out there, I think one of your 1:1 sessions needs to be booked with my birthday money right away!!! LOL! So far, I have attached the strap and the lense cover!!! That's all!
The weather, to say the least is inclement! Well, actually, raining cats and dogs would be more like it!!!! Barney took one look outside the door and ran back in giving me that "as if !!!!" look on his face!!!!! I have to wait in for the cooker man between 10 and 11 with my third set of hinges for the oven door and then out to lunch with my friend for a sandwich in town and then down to M&S to buy a cake! I know, "buy" a cake is not usual for me, but yesterday i was out at Trafford centre all day and today the oven man may be here to take the door off, so I dare not start baking!!! Hubby is in a RNLI charity golf day today and having an evening meal after as he is taking over the chairmanship so my sister took pity on me and has invited me for tea with mum and dad! We are having a family meal tomorrow night at Pizza Express, so I'm happy! This weekend is DS2's dance show at the theatre too so I am bust taking to rehearsals tomorrow and then watching him on Sunday, so before I know it the weekend will be over!
Hoping my Studio Calico kit may come today, if I'm lucky!! Sold some of DS2's trainers on ebay so I may be able to have an add on next month! Yay!
Trafford centre was great yesterday, I was very restrained and bought a Tankini for my summer hols and some wrapping paper from Cath Kidston - where else!!!! We had a great lunch in Cafe Rouge and a coffee in M&S and some laughs on the way there and back so a nice birthday treat for me! Must go back there sometime, although it was 2 hours from here :(
Right enough of this, off to see if my battery is fully charged yet! Bye!!!

6 comments:

Crafting to stay sane! said...

Hi Caroline, Happy Birthday! hope you enjoy the rest of your day!
Hugs
Alyson xx

CoventryAnn said...

Happy snapping Caroline!

Hi I'm Maria... said...

OH CC, fab camera and happy birthday sounds as if you've had a good day...

maria x

Houston said...

Enjoy your new toy! Happy Birthday!

a little bit of me........ said...

happy birthday CC i love your camera, enjoy playing and i look forward to seeing the pics, enjoy tonight too, hugs jennix

sue-bubbles said...

A very lovely camera CC...I look forward to seeing some very arty shots!!!
Happy Birthday-boxing-day CC!
Sue x
ps: get some bits in that shopping basket!!!!