Saturday, 2 May 2009

Let's have a change! Venice mini!



After my run on heritage layouts, using my old Studio Calico kits, I decided to have a change and scrap some more recent photo's for a BIA challenge set by the ladies over on the do-crafts forum! I turned one of my old kits into a mini book. The Via Airmail kit was travel themed and perfect for this. I made up 30 double sided pages and cut a cover from a sheet of plastic I had been given, which is quite rigid, but still cuts with scissors. This gives the feel of an acrylic album with a see through cover, which I thought would be a bit different. I was able to decorate the cover using an acetate flower, glued on with glossy accents and some rub ons. I chose the first page inside my album to show through all those lovely old postcard elements from the making memories passport line. Just my shabby, vintage cup of tea! On this inside cover I added more rub ons and stickers that are just visible through. I had 35 photo's from Venice I wanted to scrap in this book. We took a ride on a circular trip along the Grande Canal, then out onto the Lido and back to San Marco and this records the journey. Adding in the embellishments that came with this Via Airmail SC kit I have included the tickets for the trip and some pieces of paper bags that I got postcards in to add to the feel. The stickers and rub ons from my recent SC February kit, with a love theme are perfect to finish off another mini album about our wedding anniversary trip. I still have one more mini album to make about this holiday and then I will have 4 in a set to record our time there!
As a complete aside, after my disastrous day yesterday with the elimination followed by the cooker repairman breaking my oven door for a second time, my neck and shoulder were bad - I presume it's stress! So dutifully I reached for a large tin of Heinz Ravioli to complete my exercises as specified by the osteopath last week. One exercise, is to bend forward and let your arm swing loose forwards and backwards - the Ravioli acts as a 1lb weight. You then need to draw circles in this position and figure of eight movements. Thanks to this exercise I now have a large bruise on my shin!!!! Courtesy of Heinz!!! The other exercise is to knot a length of wide elastic and use it as a resistance band to insert your wrist and pull against a door handle to strengthen the muscle! If I tell you to make sure the door is firmly snecked closed first can you guess what I am going to say next???? Needless to say I have two ice packs in my freezer for such eventualities! It's just as i suspected! Exercising is seriously dangerous and should be avoided at all costs!!! Lol! TFL x
Happy National Scrapbooking Day Everyone! Get in that craft room and create!! I am entering lots of challenges over on SC! Hope to win some goodies! Don't forget to enter the RAK over on Sassafrass for a chance to win a SC kit and if you fancy a free subscription to Studio Calico for 6 months, there is a chance over on the SC message board if you mention my name in your link to the right thread!

7 comments:

SusieJ said...

You have inspired me CC! Great album.
ROFL (sorry!) at your exercising mishaps. For me it's the "h" word that is dangerous.
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

i love your books, there beautiful! i hope you dont mind if i could pinch you idea. gina xxxx

Hi I'm Maria... said...

WOW another great idea CC, and maybe I could pinch it too, lol, thanks...

maria x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous mini book CC. I am only giggling a tiny bit at the exercise mishaps.......LOL!
Jackie:-)

Crafty Dawn said...

Ahh I can't believe your OUT! no wonder your stress so much hard work! any way we know your a star and I'm sure you will get lots of benefits from getting so far in the comp. I love the ablum you are a very talented lady.

Love Dawn xx

Crafting to stay sane! said...

As ever a lovely book, you really know how to inspire us thank you cc!
Alyson x

CoventryAnn said...

Love this book, covers look fab!! And remember... the only way is up! :)