Monday, 4 May 2009

Lots of patterned papers! Dad RAF


For National Scrapbook day, I tried to enter quite a few challenges, over on the Studio Calico Forum, one of which was to complete a layout using at least three patterned papers. As my style is to do very intricate pages, I often use several patterned papers in one layout and actually often use a patterned paper as the background. Some people prefer a more simplified "White Space" layout with a lot of plain card stock showing and until recently I hardly got through any card stock! Anyway, I found that I had recently completed this layout, which actually uses five patterned papers!!


This photo of dad when he got his wings in the RAF was taken in 1944. I have recently checked that with dad, so I can now complete the date! It uses a mixture of Sassafrass and basic grey papers and includes some of the scalloped edges that have been trimmed off the Sassafrass papers. I did use a pencil Lines sketch to start this layout and then added some of my own ideas for journaling and trimmings. Again Cleo's cheese holing technique, just fills some empty space that was looking a bit flat and adds texture, as does the bobble trim and fabric thickers. The compulsory buttons are there too!
Another layout with five patterned papers is "dad" here which I showed the other day!
Did you watch QVC craft day yesterday? I found the perfect album, in the K&Co hour, to showcase all my heritage layouts! TFLx
P.S. Today could be the day that I get my Big Shot ordered! I have Birthday money and Im not afraid to spend it!! i have an appointment at the Osteopath this morning and school planning to do and then i would love to get in the craft room for a bit of re-organistaion, but we will see! Must not over-do the shoulder! I have the shirt to fonish off and magazines to sort and..........etc, etc Lol! Please can I have more hours in a day???

3 comments:

CoventryAnn said...

Oooh, you'll love your Big Shot! I was seriously tempted by the vintage album, it was only the price (and the fact that i'd already bought stuff!!) that put me off. maybe next month!

SusieJ said...

Fabulous page CC - love all the details and it's a great photo of your Dad.
Sue xx

CoventryAnn said...

Love the little bobbles, and i'm with you on white space.... not really for me!