Wednesday, 27 May 2009

Cork Mini Album

Here is the mini book I made yesterday, I finally made myself use my October afternoon papers that I have been hoarding as one of my favourites sets ever!! Photo's are still taken with my old camera as I have not had time to work out my new one yet and the file sizes are too big!! Putting that on my "to do" list for today! The front cover of this book is covered with some sticky back fabric from "Love Elsie" another treasure I have been hoarding! What is it with us scrappers, that we find it impossible to cut into our favourite pieces of paper???

The book is completed with my BIA and some ribbons and tags on the spine and I am deciding whether or not put it in my Etsy shop as I love it!!!


Here is a mini album I made with some left overs! I used the cork coasters I bought in Germany for the front and back covers, strengthened with card (using PVA.) I decided to laminate the pages of this book for a change as I had the laminator out! Punched holes using the Big Bite. Just needs some ribbon on the book ring! Not sure what I will use this for, but love the texture of the cork covers for a change! Maybe this one will make it into my Etsy shop!
I redid a layout last night, that doesn't happen very often, but I was not happy with it. Partly because I smudged the pearly doodles before they were dry!!! I always forget! Anyway I am much happier with it! I will post that tomorrow. Also I broke open my favourite "Garment district" Studio Calico kit!! Another one I have been stroking! I had the photo's from my degree Textiles exhibition printed up from 1982 (not brill quality, but at least it is a record! Thanks to dad!) and I was having a trip down memory lane! I got two layouts finished with that. yellow and aqua are not my colours normally, but I love it! I shall be up at 5am tomorrow for the next kit reveal that's for sure! just my thing! An add on or two are bound to find their way into my basket!! TFlx

1 comment:

sue-bubbles said...

Lovely mini-albums CC, you sure are a busy bee at the moment, how wonderful!

BTW...deco updates are on my blog!

Sue x