Saturday, 9 May 2009

One small child plus.....


This is another layout I did for national Scrapbook Day, over on Studio Calico. It was a challenge to use graph paper. This background paper was included in the Bibliography kit and I had not used it, so I decided to give it a go as the whole background. The title idea was born from the mathematical scribbles on the paper "One small child + one large horse = fun"

The photograph is me when I was about 10 or eleven on my Uncle's hunting horse that was 17 hands high! My mother nearly had a fit, but I was not afraid! My uncle convinced her that he was completely safe and I had no fear as I just loved horses! I remember, I got down the road and the reins broke and I dropped one! So the horse would only go around in circles!!! My uncle had to get on his bike and come after me to pick up the lost rein! I also remember it taking a fancy to some one's privet hedge and I could not stop it!! Lol! What fun!! Another happy accident came from running out of vowels on one set of letters! I had two sets on the same sheet, one blue and one tan and decided to mix them up to get me out of my vowel shortage!! I love the effect and will do this again!
Today is a busy day. It is FIL's 87th birthday so we are taking him out for lunch at the pub - hope to get some pics! Then of course Leeds Utd have a very important game today which is a bit of a problem, we will have to sky + it until we get back! Living with hubby and son who are Leeds supporters is full of ups and downs!!! Mostly downs! Hubby has been a supporter since he was a boy and I have to admit, I did used to have Alan Clark's autograph and Billy Bremners from the glory years, but I don't know what happened to them!! Anyway, I am sure it will be traumatic! Just been hoovering, even though I shouldn't with my shoulder!! Got to go back to the osteopath on Monday. My other QVC order just came - more K&Co goodies, I can't wait to go play!!! Ordered more photo's from Photobox last night so should have 100 more prints to scrap next week!

4 comments:

SusieJ said...

Great LO CC - love the graph paper and the mixed up letters - why are there never enough vowels in alpha kits?!
Sue xx

Anne said...

Love that layout - what a fab memory to have. I'm always impressed too by a way to deal with the pesky lack of vowels problem!

Hi I'm Maria... said...

lovely L/O CC, and what great memories, happy birthday to you FIL too, and have a fab day...

maria x

a little bit of me........ said...

lovely LO cc, yu have such lovely memories, and its great to be able to have it in a LO to show all your family.
its what scrapping is all about heh!
jennix