Friday, 1 May 2009

Please Sir!


Yes, you can use a cork coaster on a layout!!! I bought these fab flower coasters on my trip to Germany to use as mini book covers - that project still under construction - but when i wanted a cork board effect for this teacher layout I decided to use one here! The Cosmo Cricket lettering paper is also great for this school themed layout! Another Pencil lines sketch gave me the basic layout here and this time I stuck to it quite well, even wrapping the photo in ribbon, which I have done before on a layout. The ruler sicker and the black board type paper are from my stash pile and keep to the school theme also. I toed to bows and used a glass headed pin through the knot. A piece of old 1950's magazine, fancy paperclips on the top and bottom edge and half a timetable journaling card complete the look. OH, forgot to say the vintage label from France was to give you a clue that my dad was a French teacher! Doesn't he look smart?
I am enjoying scrapping all these old heritage photo's I have printed, but I am not sure my mum and dad are enjoying them being on the net! I keep getting into trouble! I think dad thinks he I am shuffling him off this mortal coil before his time, but I just think I am preserving memories for the future! These old photo's suit my love for vintage ephemera and old papers. I am not a modern trendy person when it comes to papers, I like worn out and shabby! TFLx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it CC.Great feel to this LO and the papers and ephemera are a perfect compliment to the photo.
Jackie:-)