Saturday, 30 May 2009

Second attempt!


I scrapped my sons photo from his prom, at the second attempt. My first attempt was making me unhappy, so I took it apart and remade it again using kraft cardstock instead of coloured!
I decided to watercolour the Jenni Bowlin paper with roses and birds, using my watercolour pencils and waterbrush. The circle of paper was cut and then edged using my corner rounding punch to give a scallop. The chipboard bird was inked with a Maya mist in brown and then irridescent over the top.
I decided to do the journaling all around the edge as a border. A few fortune cookies, cut from the backing paper add subtitles. The stamens inside the roses are done with Opal pearly doodles.

5 comments:

SusieJ said...

Oh wow! I loved your first attempt but this is even better!
Sue xx

Anne said...

That is such a good idea you've used with that birdie paper - I have a sheet of that that I didn't know what to do with, so might have to pinch your idea!

Love the cherries on your blog too, btw.

:: gingerkitty :: said...

nice job..

namaste
melina
living creating & appreciatingmy blog
I design for Color Me Daisy

sue-bubbles said...

A stunning layout CC, I just love all the details!
Sue x

CoventryAnn said...

Beautiful page, loving the birds!!!