Thursday, 28 May 2009

Silver medals and all!

Well, today was the last day of the dance festival for DS2 and he just got a silver medal!! Yay! We have had a great day today, I shopped 'til I dropped with DS2 this morning, summer clothes for him, flip flops, danger mouse t shirt and shorts and all, as he has grown soooooo much since last year!!! At least a foot!!! Ate lunch out with him at Debenhams, then returned home to pick up his costume for the festival and pick up hubby. We dropped J off and then hubby and I made a rash decision to eat out! Well, it is my week off, so we stopped off at Chiquito's and had half a beer with a burger each and then popped into 'Next' to buy shorts, plimsolls and a Star wars T shirt for DS1! I can't remember the last time I bought things for them like that and they were so delighted! I spent a fortune today, but none of it was for me!!! Lol! Well apart from my early morning splurge overseas!!!! So, no crafting for me today!
Here is a layout I did yesterday, starting my "Garment District" kit from Studio Calico from march! I am nearly caught up with my papers now! These papers are going to be perfect for scrapping some photo's I found of my Textiles exhibition from my degree back in 1982! Dad fortunately took photo's at the time otherwise I would have no record and although they are only snaps, these papers are perfect! I did two layouts last night. This one is some of my embroidery work and I have left the journaling blank until I can find the names and grades of the units of work I did, I have them somewhere I think! Buttons and embroidery complete the sewing look to this page, along with two stick pins in the Fabric thickers pincushion and some rub ons that look like embroidery too. The smaller photo is raised on 3D foam pads to add depth. Just love these retro papers and the "Fabrip" strips. I'm not sure it is finished yet, I think I may still add more. The other one I will share tomorrow!. TFLx

3 comments:

SusieJ said...

Wow! Great papers and photos CC - your embroidery looks wonderful and I love the way you've carried this into the LO.
Sue xx

sue-bubbles said...

A beautiful layout CC...so colourful and scrummy! Welldone DS on Silver...thats just fab!
Sue x

dagbird2001 said...

wow a lovely layout cc.
well done to your son for the silver medal.
xxx