Wednesday, 13 May 2009

Sisters

Another layout using my Studio Calico January kit - 'Bibliography.' An old photo of my sister and I when we took a trip to France in her mini 1000cc! I was in my first year at Uni and she was in her last! We went to visit the town where she had lived for her year in France and took a day trip to Paris I remember! We darted into the Louvre to see the Mona Lisa and having queued up ages I was so disappointed to find it was so small!!!!!!! And behind ropes and barriers!! I don't know why I imagined it would be big!!! Anyway, there are very few pictures of me at this age, so although the quality is not good, I decided to scrap it anyway! The flower embellishment is very chunky and 3D. The chipboard buttons are sprayed with Maya Mist in brown. A few American Crafts remarks rub ons in brown add a few accents and then some of the Basic Grey paper has been cut out and layered using 3D foam pads. A row of machine stitching down each side adds some texture! Still not sure about this kit! I have to say it has not been one of my favourites! I am not an orange person!

3 comments:

Hi I'm Maria... said...

lovely L/O CC, and I think the orange goes ewll with the other colours and the photo...

maria x

SusieJ said...

A brilliant LO CC - love the colours! It also brought back many memories - my year in France plus my first impressions of the Mona Lisa - an American woman behind me was quite indignant when she heard me comment on how small and grey it was- "Fancy being disappointed by the Mona Lisa"!
Sue xx

sue-bubbles said...

Another lovely LO CC...you are doing a great job of using your Studio Calico supplies!

And waddaya know...its your birthday season CC! Have an amazing day and at least a couple of weeks of hard shopping lol!
Birthday sparkles, Sue xxx