Friday, 8 May 2009

"Nana" White Space


I don't do "White Space" very often, as I feel I don't do it very well, but occasionally, when I look at other peoples layouts, I am tempted. I found a sketch and decided to give this one a go, including acrylic paint too! I wondered if the white space look, would go with one of my heritage photo's and actually I am pleased with the result. Just one basic Grey patterned paper and some circles cut from an American crafts dotty paper. This layout was one of several that I entered into the competitions over on Studio Calico on National Scrapbooking day. I realised the other day I won one of the comps and a fab SC add on from last month is winging it's way to me, including a little aeroplane stamp that I have been coveting! Aren't I a lucky girl!

What a contrast to yesterdays, over the top layout with loads of detail and interest! Blue and brown is one of my favourite combo's! The journaling in Sakura metallic pen on the chipboard shape, has not come out well with the flash on this photo, but never mind. I tend to throw everything at my layouts including the kitchen sink and if there are not many techniques on there and textures, I am not happy!
This is my dad's mum, my Nana, as a girl in the late 1880's, what a frown! The eldest of four girls.
I had a note from QVC yesterday, to say my Album had shipped, so I can't wait for it to arrive and then I can get these stuck in. It does not have page protectors and this will be good for all my recent layouts as they all have so much depth on them! I was wondering about ordering them in the album and what happens if you glue them in wrong, but the pages move on the thread, so I should be alright. DS1 has offered to but the album for me for my birthday! Yay! Also had some fab news about my birthday, hubby apparently has ordered me a new camera!!! I am so excited! I have had issue recently with my little digital as you can tell, the focus has gone wrong and although it went away to be mended, there still seem to be problems with it! Mum has given me some money towards a Big Shot, so I may even get the die cutter I have been promising myself for over a year! Maybe, just maybe!!!! TFLx

2 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

A beautiful LO CC, and congratulations on winning a SC add-on, thats fab news! There's nothing as nice as free stash...and yummy SC stash, even better!
Hope you are feeling a bit better CC!
Sue x

:: gingerkitty :: said...

Definitely like this one