Thursday, 25 June 2009

Sorrento mini album!

Just before we go to Italy this year, I have finally made the mini book about our holiday in Italy last year! It contains just a few of the many photographs I took last year that reflect the time we spent there, coupled with some unusual slim postcards that act as dividers and some "posh" postcards too! I also like to add a copy of a map in case we forget names and places, or if we take a trip there again, plus a few momentos. This one has the tickets from our trip to the Isle of Capri and the walk to the top of Vesuvius! I even punched holes in the circular postcard I bought on the top of mount Vesuvius, which the lady punched with a stamp to say I had reached the top!!!! What a climb! I remember it well!
I used some vivid "Lotus Teabox" papers from K&Co that I like. I would not have necessarily used these on a layout, but for me they are great for mini's! They are speciality papers so some are flocked and glittered and some are foiled!Hubby was impressed that I trimmed the BIA wire with Green white and red ribbon to reflect the Italian flag! Didn't like to tell him it was pure fluke!!! LOL!Just need to go back now and add some journaling here and there. Not too much, then it will be complete.
I am thinking of making a little travel journal to take with me this year, to add some writing as the holiday progresses. Maybe a small paper bag book, so I can add my memorabilia into the pockets. Looking forward to it already! TFlx
Covers are BIA card covers. Rub ons are 7 Gypsies travel rub ons, ribbons are American Crafts tea party ribbons.

5 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

Another beautiful mini-book CC!
Sue x

SusieJ said...

Another gorgeous mini album CC.
Love the postcard dividers.
Sue xx

Werner Schätzle said...

Hallo,
sieht super aus

Gruß Werner

Crafty Dawn said...

Love the album and the dividers were a real find! (well your idea to use them as dividers ;-)

the sewing lessons are going really well I think you are covering every thing! well done it's a huge task

Love dawn xx

kayjben said...

a lovely album - i love all your mini albums - your christening album was totally awesome as well and you did it so quick - i think i will be going into the pond shop for one of those hardboard books - excellent idea - thanks - Kym xx

http://kymskreations.blogspot.com/