Tuesday, 2 June 2009

BIA on a layout


Been experimenting tonight, trying to use my BIA somewhere on a layout. I had this idea in mind and in fact had used something similar on my Spiders Web layout here, (when I punched holes with the BIA and threaded ribbon through to hold the journaling cards in place.) This time I decided to try and use a BIA wire too, so I chose the narrowest I have. I had also seen Annette from my UKs team thread beads on the BIA wire before closing, so I decided to try this technique too, although I only had a few that were wide enough to thread on. I cut out some tags from the Sassafrass paper from the vintage Yummy line and some tags from Cosmo Cricket, punched holes in them and threaded them on the BIA wire. I added embellishments and then closed the wire. I opened the top tag up and glued it in position to hold the journaling tags in place. Spare holes were threaded with ribbon for decoration. I am quite pleased with the effect for this layout about my screen printing unit from my degree course. Stamped buttons, chipboard buttons, fabric Thickers buttons and real buttons are down the right hand side and a fabric tag adds texture. TFLx

4 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

What a fabby little technique there CC, it..and the whole layout are just gorgeous!
Sue x

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Beautiful lo.....inspirational :)

Crafty Dawn said...

Well done you have the effect down it is very nice and like you said another interesting part to the LO

Love Dawn xx

CoventryAnn said...

Love the idea of adding beads to the wires, might pinch that!!