Thursday, 4 June 2009

Frame on a layout

Still continuing to scrap the photo's from my textiles exhibition in 1982 when I did my degree. This photo was of the work for a unit called "children's clothing" we had to make an outfit for a child but also test fabrics and decoration techniques and construct a journal as we went along and sketch a final impression etc!! These papers were perfect for this layout, more from my "Garment District" kit from Studio Calico.
As the theme was children's clothing the Sassafrass paper of the girl on a bike was perfect, as was the Cosmo cricket paper with the alphabet on it! I decided to make a raised frame for the whole layout and tuck little things under the edges so that it looked a bit like a noticeboard of a work in progress. I cut a frame with wavy edges using my craft knife and then inked the inside edges. I used foam tape to raise it over the background layout and then started to tuck things under the edge. The photo itself is a bit boring, so was getting my interest from all the little details! I loved it, I just kept adding more and more! Ribbons and buttons, journaling cards and stick pins, it just went on and on!! I then journaled around the circle in the background paper so it was not too obvious and added some Pink Paislee stickers for the title. Rub ons also add more interest. These layouts will eventually be in the album I put together of the book of me, as yet all my layouts are in a box as I have run out of albums!! A job for another day!
Been busy doing housework today! Actually rediscovered both teenage boy's bedrooms!!!! Lol! Its amazing what a Dyson and a can of Mr Sheen can uncover!! They look like bedrooms again now!! Also been listing more stuff on eBay from my big loft clear out last week! More stash money hopefully! TFLx

3 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

A perfect topic for these papers CC, and what a fab technique with your 'frame'. I so love the 3D look and this is a great way to achieve it...welldone you!
Sue x

CoventryAnn said...

Love this CC range... only difficulty is deciding which side to use!

Hi I'm Maria... said...

what a great technique with the frame CC, love the papers too...

maria x