Monday, 22 June 2009

Bremen holiday mini album

I have decided that mini albums are the way to go to record family trips! Judging by the family's response they are a good idea too! Here is one I completed about our recent trip to Bremen in Germany last Easter, when we visited my SIL and family. I have just selected about 20 photo's to record the trip. I used my Studio Calico "Playground" kit, as I was not sure if I would use the bright coloured papers on layouts as they are not my favourite. They go with these photographs perfectly. I grouped the pages so that there were journaling type papers next to patterned papers. I have yet to complete the journaling, but I'm sure there will be lots to write! I found my postcards and memorabilia today too that need adding! I like to combine these to create a record of the visit. I never can resist buying 'special' postcards that are a bit unusual and I like to keep tickets and receipts of favourite places.
Photo's of the family are included too so we can see how much they have grown and what they looked like at this stage.
Just needs finishing off now!! Have trimmed the BIA wires with ribbon and added the title using Jenni Bowlin cardstock stickers. A few Sassafrass button flower embellishments and some edges trimmed from the Sassafrass papers. The journaling tags are also from Sassafrass. Cosmo Cricket chipboard has been used to trim the boy pages. TFLx

3 comments:

SusieJ said...

Great idea CC - you have a record of the trip but don't feel overwhelmed as you would if doing a 12 x 12 album!
Love the photos of the family too.
Sue xx

sue-bubbles said...

A stunning mini-album CC, totally scrummy papers - a thing of beauty!
Sue x

LadyBug said...

I agree! minibooks are the way to go when you have been away and have many photos to scrap. they can sometimes get a little lost in a 12x12 album on LO's but in a minibook all to themselves!!! FAB!!!