Sunday, 7 June 2009

Tie & dye

I am contuinuing to scrap old photo's from college and as the photo's are not brill, I decided to make a fuss of the layouts to pretty them up! I love them as a record of what I did and they are an important part of my book of me. For this one, I grabbed my Fiskars apron lace punch and added some detail to both edges of the patterned paper stip. I did some stitching of the ribbon loops at the top and doodled some fake stitching around the left edges. Threading ribbon through the apron lace punch effect helped me disguise a slightly uneven gap in my punching! The tear to the lower edge, reveals anothe pattern paper beneath. I used my edge distresser on the edges.Here is another one that shows photo's of the whole display when I had finished it. This one started with a pencil lines skecth that I liked. I have not completed my journaling yet, I like the title following the line of the pleated "fabrip" strip. The fabric thickers were perfect for this layout.
This final layout used a sketch and combined it with the weekly challenge over on UKs. Some stitching and the fab rip strip keeps the sewing theme. I had to make a handmade embellishment, so I gathered some ribbon using small running stitches and secured it. I decorated the centre with two buttons. I wont bore you with anymore photo's of this, but I wanted to show that with the right papers for the topic and with lots of details even the most boring photo's can be scrapped to look pretty and they are very significant to me as they form part of an important step in my life. Realising a goal! Straight into my 'Book Of Me!' TFLx
P.S. More sewing to come tomorrow. Just giving those not following that a break!!

2 comments:

:: gingerkitty :: said...

love the dress on the dressform LO..

namaste
melina
living creating & appreciating
~my blog

sue-bubbles said...

Wonderful layouts CC, I bet you are chuffed to get these lovely photos and memories out of wraps and to get them scrapped!
Sue x