Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Playground pals

Still using these retro feel papers, I have scrapped this photo from the children's primary school playground. It was taken the day we left to move away in June 1998 and I was very sad to leave all these girls whom I had met when taking my eldest to playgroup!! here we are 16years later and we are still friends and I have moved back to the area and we meet for a meal occasionally to catch up.

More Studio Calico here with some of their great retro stamps too One of the pleated "fabrip" strips and some hidden journaling. I liked the retro Cosmo Alphabet paper and the girl on the trike on the Sassafrass paper for this layout to continue the child theme and a painted edge to the layout also reminds me of a school feel. The background cardstock it Bazzill bling. I made a mock binder edge to the lined Cosmo paper by punching with the BIA and ripping each hole out using my "pokey" tool. It makes a real torn effect!

Looking at the photo, we all look a lot older and wiser or should that be "wider," my friends agree!! Tfl x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lovely colourful LO.
I love the 'torn' look made with the BIA. A great way to use up scraps of paper for journaling...Mgt.x

april said...

what a beautiful layout! love what you did with that sassafras!