Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Wedding Dress


Phew! Another weeks work over! I don't know how I managed this week to get everything done as there seems to be so much happening around here! Exam pressure for DS1 and 2 parents with hospital appointments various, observation at work, I wish I could get in that craft room to chill out! It would be so much nicer if I could!!!

Here is a layout I made last week using copy of an old tinted photograph of my husbands parents on their wedding day. Again these sewing background papers from Studio Calico were fab for this topic! I cut out a model from the background paper as an embellishment and added a ring from the Cosmo Cricket papers and some forties style shoes. A couple of love birds stamped using an SC stamp complete the theme.
I stamped blue on blue using a button stamp to make a subtle background, this technique is useful if you are scared of too much "white space" on your layout. Stamping on and off the paper adds interest too. A 7gypsies tag for journaling was used for an old fashioned feel.
This era saw fabric rationing still in place after the war and both my parents and my in laws got married in a suit of purple. Looking back on it future generations may not recognise it as their wedding dress, so I thought it was a good photo to scrap for future generations.
My latest Studio Calico kit arrived yesterday and if you recall I treated my self to two add ons this month as it was my birthday!! I cant wait to get cracking with it, but I still have last months to start!! At least I am only one months kit behind now!! (I think!) I like to make myself use them up in order, as I worry I will not want to go back to one, but I am sure I can find photo's that suit them all. TFLx

2 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

A stunning layout CC...you certainly have made good use of that particular SC kit! I gathered all my SC papers together in one draw the other week - all so beautiful, so I look forward to making something scrummy with them before too long!
Sue x

Kim Dellow said...

Wonderful LO. Kim