Wednesday, 1 July 2009

First born

As I have come to scrapbooking relatively late, I have not scrapped many photo's of the children when they were young. However, I decided to make a point of scrapping their first photo's in hospital at a few hours old. There are three and a half years between them and until now I have only just noticed the hospital duvet cover was the same!!! Lol! The baby ward at our local hospital is, like so many others, no longer there, so no babies can be born in the town people have to go into Cottingham or Hull. Back in those days, I was very lucky that the hospital was less than a mile from where we lived and when I went into labour on the 22nd of December, the dash to hospital was less than five minutes!!!! I recall being in labour all day and getting to hospital at 9pm at night and still he was not born until breakfast time! At least he has a separate day to Christmas eve or Christmas day thank goodness, as my due date was dec 25th!!! Anyway, that's all 18 years ago now!! Christmas has never been the same since!!
Love the Pink Paislee checked die cut and the Hambly rub ons. I know the thickers for the title don't stand out very strongly against that background paper, but I quite like that. The chipboard bird is another of those Heidi Swapp invisibles.

4 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

great lo, love the story

Kim Dellow said...

Such a cute LO. Kim

CoventryAnn said...

Lovely page, your son shares a birthday with my brohter, it's lovely so close to Christmas as it has always marked the start of the celebrations for our family.

sue-bubbles said...

A beautiful layout CC! So many years of scrapping to catch up with eh....eeek!
Sue x