Thursday, 16 July 2009

My 'Claudine Hellmuth' design!

In search of inspiration for a retirement card for all the staff to sign, I decided to make a collage card, based on the design ideas of Claudine Hellmuth, (thanks for the inspiration, I love her work!) We had three members of staff retire last night with 87 years of service!!! One of them, Ian, I have worked with a lot over the years at this school always has the job of drawing cartoon like cards for the leavers. I asked if I could make him a card with a fun theme as he always finds the humour in his cartoons for others. As he has a scooter the staring point was easy, ok, so maybe it's not a Vespa scooter, but hey, artistic licence! Then his desk, well, lets just say its always very full! The idea of packing it all up in a trailer just as it was was very appealing! Then there are the sets of plastic drawers, full of every tool and gadget known to man! Well it just flowed! Trips to B&Q and his wife awaiting his return, along with his fellow "Escapees" from work added to the overall scene. Lots of 3D books with funny titles and textures flowers, along with glossy accents on the scooter paintwork, brought the whole thing alive. I just hope he likes it! It's a hard act to follow! TFLx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic card.
How can he not love it....Mgt.

Hi I'm Maria... said...

brilliant CC, bet he loved it...

maria x

Alyice Edrich said...

I bet Claudine would be touched by the rendition. :) Nicely done.