Friday, 21 August 2009

He's off to Uni!!!


For all those left in the lurch yesterday, wondering how we got on, the wait is over! We logged on to UCAS at 8.30am to find out he had been confirmed his place, so going to school for the actual results was a formality. Him being him though was still disappointed he had let his teachers down!!! Honestly, the fact that he got better grades than me or my husband, as I pointed out, was immaterial!!! Anyway, it has taken a while to sink in! I keep looking and thinking, 'he's off to Uni' and I still can't believe it! I am so proud of what he has achieved! I am already mentally making lists of what I need to buy for him, bedding, cutlery, toaster etc! You go from one thing to the next!

Yesterday was spent at the hairdressers, getting my hair sorted out and reshaping in my new style again, then back home for usual fish and chip tea with FIL. DS1 then went off around town with his mates, so we grabbed a bottle of bubbly from Sainsburys and headed around to our friends to celebrate! I just could not sit at home on our own, we needed to share!

The mini book I have planned with fave recipes in needs to be started, but I dare not tempt fate before results day! I wonder if I will make it into the craft room today???

7 comments:

SusieJ said...

Snap to all of the above CC! The UCAS website did take the pressure off here too!
Congrats to your son and hope he has as good a time at Uni as I did!
Sue xx

Anne said...

Wonderful news!

CoventryAnn said...

Great news, big congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Well done to DS1.
He's done something to be proud of.
Don't to you feel like going back to his Dr's & showing them his results ?.....Mgt.

Hi I'm Maria... said...

great news CC, well done to your son...

maria x

Crafty Dawn said...

congratulations! to all of you as it's a joint achievement all the thing you have all done to get yr son to this point well done xx

Love Dawn xx

jan said...

well done CC and well done to your son, a new phase in life, Jan x