Monday, 31 August 2009

Maya mist


I have had a couple of Maya Mists lurking in mu supplies, but so far have hardly ventured to experiment with them!! I am trying to use them, as I like the effects when I see them on other peoples layouts, particularly when I view the design team gallery over at Studio Calico. April over there is a whizz with them!! Anyway. The other weekly challenge over on UKs this week was to use some paint on a layout, so I broke out my Tim Holtz mask and my brown mist and used them for the title. "18 holes"

I used some photographs from our holiday, of DS2 and hubby playing a great mini golf course and blocked 4 photo's together across the page. This was another part of the challenge, to use a different number of photos to your normal ones. I also had to use an embellishment I owned and have not used, so out came the Fancy Pants bag of tags that I have had for ages and not opened. Another part of the challenge was to do something from someone else's layout that you never normally do yourself, but really like. I always like it when some random journaling tags are positioned off the edge of a layout, but have not done this myself. An SC stamp in brown and the score card on a tag under a photo complete the layout. (Sorry about the flash glare on the gloss photo! Must remember to photograph in daylight!!!!)

2 comments:

CoventryAnn said...

Love the alphabet masks, i'm sure i need these! :)

Hi I'm Maria... said...

oh like this effect CC, and the way the photos are all together, would never have tried this, but love what you've done, well done...

maria x