Thursday, 13 August 2009

Paper Bag Album

I made this album the day before we went on holiday, from four 12 x 12 paper bags from my kit club. I folded each bag in half and then laid them on top of each other alternately so that the open end was not always at the same side.
A couple of the bags had tatty edges, so I decided to shorten these bags and make the book more interesting.
I covered each page with patterned paper in an "Italian" style with a faded appearance. I used a combination of 7 Gypsies and Daisy D's papers. I attached the papers with double sided tape around the edge and glue stick in the centre.
I punched holes down the centre of the book using my Cropadile and stitched the book together using two strands of narrow ribbon in matching colours.
I continued to cover each page, sometimes all in one sheet of paper and sometimes using pieces of several patterned papers.
To each page, I added a journalling spot, using various tags, left over packaging and journalling pages from a spiral notebook.
I fully intended to take this on my holiday and fill it in as we stayed there. However, due to my weigh allowance, it was one of the things that got left at home!
I bought a selection of postcards to use alongside my photos to complete the project and any other maps and receipts etc can be placed in the open ended pages to keep them safe. I am sure this will be just one of many albums I make about this holiday! ordered my photographs online today! TFLx

5 comments:

Crafty Dawn said...

Loving the book hun (paper bags eh?) lol nothing goes to waste lol

Look fwd to seeing your jouney in
colour photos

Love Dawn xx

Hi I'm Maria... said...

WOW great album CC, well done...

maria x

Anonymous said...

A beautiful Book CC.
I'm in the middle of doing one as a Sign In Tag for a CJ at the moment but it doesn't look any-where near as good as this..Mgt.

SusieJ said...

It's beautiful CC. Love the papers you've used they have a real Italian/antique feel to them.
Looking forward to the photos!
Sue xx

craftattack said...

It's really stunning, well done. Love those papers, Your mojo is back witha vengeance, don't let it escapr again!