Monday, 28 September 2009

Masquerade!

A few years ago we went to a masked ball and I came across this old photo that just had to be scrapped! It's amazing how a mask can alter your appearance!
I have been building up a bit of a backlog with my Studio Calico kits as I have been doing mini albums and not layouts so much, so after my super clean up of the craft room yesterday, I decided to crack open my most recent kit "Cotillion" and aid the mojo with a couple of page maps and voila, after one done with a page map I was off!
A few details to notice - as I said before I am not a butterfly girl but this exclusive patterned paper was crying out to be used with my Martha Stewart classic butterfly punch. I threaded them on my new fave item "Bakers twine" and they add movement to the layout.

The little frame stamp that came in the main kit this time, I just love it to highlight little details. More bakers twine tied through the clear buttons on top of the middles from some of my basic grey alphas from the title. I loved this alpha set and can see me buying this again!! Polka dots and me are a definite match made in heaven! Stitching as usual to complete the layout.

I must add that the white Bazzill was a bit out of my comfort zone to, but I ran with it and like the result! Watch out for the other three layouts I did , yes, that is correct, three more! I told you my mojo returned!! Lol! Check back tomorrow! TFLx

5 comments:

CoventryAnn said...

Loving the button circles. Great photo too.

Kelly said...

Gorgeous layout Caroline. I love all the details!!

SusieJ said...

A fab LO CC! Love the way the butterflies mirror the masks and that Alpha is gorgeous.
Sue xx

slinkycat said...

Hi! I love this page especially your use of the buttons and the butterflies! :)

Denise said...

Wow! I adore how you used the SC butterfly paper. I am still staring at mine fearful of cutting it. LOL! Lovely layout!